Wednesday, July 28, 2010

Hazy, Lazy, Fishy Daze of Summer

Guest blogger and library fish extraordinaire, Gordon-Bob Splash

I overheard Nadine say that it's Week 6 of summer reading. Up until last week, I saw a lot of excellent things happening in the library. Lately, I haven't seen as much. Things have been a bit...well...hazy. I'll explain about the haze later, but first let me tell you what I have seen...

Summer Reading has been in full swing. There's been raffle prizes and colorful stickie-dots, slap bracelets and beach balls, and lots and lots of smiling kids (some with fake mustaches) reading lots and lots of books!! As a matter of fact, it's been 4,032 books so far. Outstanding! There's also been tons of great programs like Malibu Tile Craft, Lego Club, Story Time, Baby Boogie, and Fishy Backpack (my favorite) with more programs every week. It is really something to see here in the Children's Room....

Ehem...which brings me to my recent issue "seeing"... Well, many of you have noticed that my tank looks a bit hazy. My water has taken on a peculiar green hue making it difficult for me to see out. It's also giving me bit of a headache. :-( Amy and Catherine have worked very hard to clean my tank, replace the filter, and change the water, but still I remain in a hazy state. Hmmm.... I can't figure it out. If anyone is a fishy-expert and might have advice on how to enhance my view, please stop on by and let one of the librarians know. They are taking suggestions!

Happy Splashy Reading!

- Posted by (a foggy feeling) Gordon-Bob Splash

No comments:

Post a Comment