Even though summer vacation is highly anticipated, losing contact with people they've seen every day for a whole year can be difficult for little ones. Creating closure before the school ends is important for children as it provides everyone with a chance to say goodbye and remember the fun times. An End of School Memory Printable is a great way to record the school year and makes a wonderful keepsake. Children even can draw a self portrait! Super Cute!
- Take a photo of your child somewhere that you also took a photo on the first day such as by the front door of your home, at the school, or sitting at his desk.
- Pack a lunch box note with a special message to remind your child that you are proud of him/her for all that he/she has accomplished this year.
- Countdown the last five days with balloons. Fill five balloons with a note or a treat and number them. Each day, have your child pop a balloon and enjoy the surprise inside.
- Send your child to school on the last day with something that friends can write on and a sharpie. Your child’s friends can autograph his/her shirt, a pillowcase, or another keepsake. This is especially fun for kids moving up to the next school, i.e. 5th grade to middle school.
- If your child rides the bus, decorate the sidewalk from the bus stop to the front door with sidewalk chalk. Write messages like, “Happy summer!”
- Make a summer bucket list. Sit down with your child and plan out a few fun things to look forward to such as taking a trip to the museum. (check out Syosset Library’s website for a list of free museum passes).
- A great start of the summer is to sign up your child for the Summer Reading club at the library. Children’s librarians have arranged many exciting summer programs that won't let your children get bored.
Here is a glimpse of some of the program you don't want to miss!!
- Bricks Rock, A two day LEGO fan festival. June 23-24.
- Funky Town Playground-June 27
- Rock Star Party- July 21.
Posted by: Noureen