Wednesday, March 14, 2012

Dreaming of Summer....(and Bubbles)

Featuring guest blogger Gordon-Bob, library fish extraordinaire.

Spring is ok, but I like summer. The truth is, I LOVE summer. First of all, (and most importantly), my birthday is during the summer- June 21st to be exact (but I'm sure you have that on your calendars). Summer is sunshine. Fish love sunshine. Summer is full of warm, tropical weather (something we suburban fish love to take advantage of). Summer is vacations and the beach (I burn, so I prefer to stay in the water) and making lots of memories with friends and family. I also love the summer because it means lots of FUN and transformation here at the library. Have you seen how our librarians decorate??? And for my part, I always try to be sure my fins are just the right color to match...

What's that? You want to help??? Well that is GREAT NEWS!!! On Wednesday, April 11 children are invited to come on down and create a super, dream-like decoration for us to hold and then display in the Children's Room during the summer months. There are three time slots available with age appropriate crafts for each. Let's fill up the whole Children's Room! Registration for the "Dreaming of Summer" craft begins on March 19. You can see more about the program here, or give us a call.

Hope to see you in the library soon!

-Posted by GB Splash

No comments:

Post a Comment