Wednesday, June 15, 2011

Happy Birthday to me, (Gordon Bob Splash)!





One year ago this month my lifelong dream of becoming more than just your average fish came true! One day I was just swimming around in some random pet store tank and the next... SPLASH! I was plopped down into a crystal clear tank in the beautiful surroundings of the Syosset Public Library's Childrens' Room. It has been a very fufilling and wonderful year for me.



First, I'd like to take this opportunity to clarify some nasty rumors that are being spread about me (this happens when you've reached fish celebrity status). I am NOT an impostor fish. I am the one, the only, the original library-fish extraordinaire, Gordon Bob Splash. Do not believe everything you've heard your parents tell you about pet fish. With proper care (and lots of TLC), we can live longer than a few weeks....




I'd also like thank the many happy kids who stop by to say "hi" and smile at me each and every day. You might think I can't hear, being under water and all (and my lack of ears) but that is simply not true. I hear everything (yes... everything!). I can also see how excited everyone is about the upcoming summer reading!


One World, Many Stories is this summer's reading club theme and you can be sure that the childrens' room has planned some fantastic programs and adventures for you! Visit our newsletter online for details. Registration begins on June 20th for newborns up to to 5th graders. From crafts to storytime, from Lego club to campfire tales, there's something for everyone. (There's even a cool summer reading club for teens and adults). Don't forget, with your library card you can also register for our programs right online from home .



Come and vist the library, (after you greet me with a warm hello), be sure to check out the wonderful books, movies, games and events waiting for you this summer!



Happy Reading!



-posted by G.B. Splash

No comments:

Post a Comment