Wednesday, May 23, 2012

An author I love (but can't pronounce)

He's Jarrett J. Krrr....Kros-cah...Kros-oh...Kros-oh-cah... oh, you know.. author and illustrator Jarrett J. Krosoczka! I like to call him JJK, which is much easier to say. JJK is the author of one of my favorite, laugh out loud pictures books titled, Punk Farm, and it's equally as funny sequel Punk Farm on Tour.  If you know me, you'll know that I love music and I especially love rock concerts. I love them almost as much as I love books. So, from the moment I first read JJK's Punk Farm, I was tickled by the silly idea that farm animals might have very cool, rocker alter-egos, once their trusty Farmer Joe went to bed for the night. And if that wasn't funny enough, there's even a few songs you can download performed by those cool cats...well, pigs, cows, etc.. You know what I mean.

JJK has written and illustrated many other great books as well, including the very popular and hilarious graphic novel series, Lunch Lady, about none other than a very special (agent) lunch lady! They are sure to make you laugh.

Take a look at JJK working in his studio. See if you recognize any of his friendly, and rocking, characters! Then, come on in and check out one of JJK's books to bring home and enjoy!
THANK YOU, SYOSSET!





-Posted by Nadine

No comments:

Post a Comment