Friday, September 16, 2011

It's time for a new generation to meet The Muppets!

We all will have a new reason to look forward to the holidays this year!

While I know so many
people who shiver with excitement at the first chill of fall and rush to remove their woolly sweaters from their closets, I am a self proclaimed "summer person". Usually I dread this change of season, but this year I have a reason to rejoice with the rest of you cool weather fans.

The reason? Let me see, Kermit the Frog, Gonzo, Fozzie Bear, Animal, Rolf, Sweetums, Rizzo, Janis, Scooter...and who am I forgetting? Oh, of course! The very glamorous Miss Piggy!

Yes, this November after digesting Thanksgiving dinner, which usually takes me about a week, I will be rushing to the theaters to see "The Muppets".

While I am sure my young patrons recognize Jim Henson's brain children, not many are as familiar with them as my generation had been. It has been 12 years since the Muppets graced our big screens and if the previews are any indication they will be returning with their full glory.

This new film is to be written by television's Jason Segal who is a huge fan of the original films and I am pretty confident he will do justice to the revival of the franchise.

So let's get our children ready to meet "The Muppets!" If you haven't already come on down to the library and check out our DVD section where we have several Muppety discs to choose from including a few seasons of the original series, "The Muppet Show". If you don't I cannot be responsible for Piggy's reaction.

-Posted By Miss Jessikah

No comments:

Post a Comment