Wednesday, September 29, 2010

My beloved and favorite uncle passed away this week; he was 92. I have only the happiest memories of him. He was a wonderful man, full of life, love and fun. He was very proud of his service to his country during World War II, where he was a member of the Army Air Corps (which later became the Air Force). I was trying to find a way to honor his memory when I came across a children’s book, Tail-End Charlie by Nick Manning and Brita Granstrom, about an RAF airman during World War II. Although the book is told from the British point of view, I’m sure the experiences are very similar. Reading the book and looking at the photos, I was reminded of my uncle’s stories, especially the strong bonds among the crew. I just know my uncle would have loved it.












Posted by Sue Ann

No comments:

Post a Comment