Tuesday, March 2, 2010

Happy Birthday, Dr. Seuss!

I don't know anyone who doesn't love Dr. Seuss. His wonderfully fluid poetry and quirky illustrations have been entertaining children and their parents for decades, and probably always will. On the occasion of his 106th birthday, I found myself reflecting on my favorite Dr. Seuss books and characters. My earliest memories are The 500 Hats of Bartholomew Cubbins , Yertle the Turtle and Green Eggs and Ham. And, while I have great affection for Horton and the irrepressible Cat in the Hat, it is the crotchety, cantankerous Grinch who stole my heart, as well as Christmas. Exactly the kind of character I find most endearing--devious, dastardly, downright despicable, but in the end, not such a bad guy after all.




So, stop by the Children's Room and share a Seussian memory. Check out our display and pick up a bookmark (while they last).
Happy Birthday, Dr. Seuss! The Cat lives on...



Posted by Sue Ann

No comments:

Post a Comment